ARTEK urges PhD students, master students and small organisations to participate in the conference. Several associations and foundations provide financial support for participation in scientific conferences.
Some options include:
- Selskabet for Arktisk Forksning og Teknologi, SAFT (supports Danish and Greenlandic Master and PhD students who present their work at conferences): http://www.saft.dk/legater
- Otto Mønsted fonden (supports Danish and Greenlandic PostDocs, Master and PhD students who present their work at conferences) http://www.ottomoensted.dk
Funding possibility through ARTEK, The Arctic Technology Centre itself
The Arctic Technology Centre has some funding available to support participation at the AIC 2018 conference. Funding will be awarded based on an application process, and will cover flight ticket costs to and from Sisimiut / Greenland (other expenses must be covered by the participant, including the conference fee).
Who can apply
- NGO representatives
- Researchers/municipality representatives.
- Phd. / master students
- Other parties who for one reason or another are seeking funding
Priority will be given to applicants from remote Arctic Regions other than Greenland (and Denmark) based on abstract quality, but everyone may apply.
Please be aware that challenging weather conditions in Greenland may cause flight delays, which may result in missed connecting flights. The purchase of replacement flight tickets in such cases will not be covered by ARTEK, so make sure you have adequate travel insurance.
The funding will be evaluated for candidates who do fulfill the following requirements:
- Upload your abstract through the AIC 2018 conference website in due time. The abstract submission deadline is 15 December 2017
- E-mail to Ingrid Vernimmen firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest 15 December (but the earlier the better) with your expected travel budget and argument for receiving funding.
- January 10th 2017 at the latest you will be informed whether your abstract has been accepted and whether you are eligible to receive funding.
- If you have been approved for funding, the conference fee should be paid no later than 15th January 2018.
- Ingrid Vernimmen will then book your air ticket
The time schedule is tight due to limited air ticket availability to Sismiut/Greenland, so deadlines are final.