International Conference/Workshop on use of analytical results
Analytical results are meant as giving the basis for making the right decisions in a vast number of circumstances in our modern society - mostly judging on whether a given product is in compliance with already stated limits or whether tests can give significant basis for deciding on which step to take next.
This process of using analytical results for decisions is though handled differently in a many cases not least when the measurement uncertainty has to be taken into account - both from the side of those stating the limits and from those making the decisions!
The agenda in this conference will be dealing with subjects like…
- The European system for conformity assessment with analyticallaboratories playing a major role in providing the basis for making decisions regarding conformity
- The nature of analytical results to be seen as a reliable basis for making decisions – including the inevitable measurement uncertainty
- Principles of setting specifications and regulatory limits taking the not infallible nature of analytical results into account
- The process of decision and the risks related to that
- Examples of the importance of making the right decision in various situations
- Harmonized approaches
To follow up upon the presentations given by a number of international experts all participants will be invited to contribute with their own opinions and discuss the subjects in a workshop.