The 6th Joint Meeting of Nomisma.org and ECFN 2017
About ECFN (European Coin Find Network)
ECFN is a cooperation between institutions engaged in researching and recording coin finds from Europe with the aim of encouraging cooperation and dialogue between them. The network is coordinated by the Römisch-Germanische Kommission (RGK) des Deutschen Archäologischen Instituts (DAI).
Nomisma.org is a collaborative project to provide stable digital representations of numismatic concepts according to the principles of Linked Open Data. These take the form of http URIs that also provide access to reusable information about those concepts, along with links to other resources.
The project is steered by a committee currently consisting of:
- Florence Codine, BnF
- Karsten Dahmen, MK Berlin
- Ethan Gruber, ANS
- Sebastian Heath, NYU ISAW
- Chris Howgego, Ashmolean Museum, University of Oxford
- Andrew Meadows, ANS
- Ulrike Peter, Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- Daniel Pett, BM PAS
- Karsten Tolle, DBIS, University of Frankfurt
- David Wigg-Wolf, DAI RGK