Public Transportation from the airport to the National Museum in three easy steps (total travel time is ca. 30 minutes):
Step 1: Take either Metro Line 1 or 2 from the Airport's Terminal 2
- Tickets can be bought with cash or credit cards in the ticket machines at the Metro stop. A single ticket costs ca. 50 DKK. City Pass for unlimited travel in Copenhagen for 72 hours costs 200 DKK.
Step 2: Get off at Kgs. Nytorv Station and take bus 1A in the direction 'Avedøre St.'
Step 3: Get off af Stormbroen (the bus ride takes ca. 3 minutes).
- From Stormbroen it is a 2 minute walk to the main entrance of the muesum at Ny Vestergade 10.
- Link: Map of the last two steps.
You can also check out www.rejseplanen.dk, if you wish to plan further travles by the means of public transportation while in Denmark.
Suggestions for accomodation i Copenhagen:
- Cph Downtown Hostel is nearest to the National Museum. Private rooms start at ca. 100 DKK per night; shared rooms are cheaper.
- Cab-Inn City is among the cheaper hotels in central Copenhagen.
- There are also two Cab-Inn hotels in the district Frederiksberg: Cab-Inn Scandinavia and Cab-Inn Express Hotel, both within walking distance from the National Museum (ca. 20 minutes) and with good direct bus connection (Bus 2A) - they are perhaps a bit cheaper than Cab-Inn City.