EGOLF HARMONISATION COURSES
RISE has decided to postpone the EGOLF reaction to fire courses and the CEN/TS 1187 course that was supposed to be held March 30th-April 3rd, in Borås Sweden, based on the latest assessment of the coronavirus.
New dates will be announced soon.
EGOLF Reaction to Fire:
Time and place: March 30th - April 3rd, 2020 at RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Borås, Sweden
There are many factors which may affect the results of a reaction-to-fire test. Due to the very labour intensive nature or fire testing, many of the factors are operator dependent. The training, experience and attitude of the operator are therefore crucial to eliminate such variables that may significantly affect the degree of uncertainty of measurements.
In order to reach common interpretations and minimize the operator generated uncertainties, EGOLF (European Group of Organisations for Fire testing, inspection and certification), is arranging harmonization courses in various EN standards related to reaction-to-fire. These test methods are included in the fire classification of construction products and building elements, EN 13501-1.
The following test methods are included:
- Non-combustibility, EN ISO 1182
- Determination of gross heat of combustion (calorimetric value), EN ISO 1716
- Building products, excluding floorings, exposed to thermal attack by a single burning item (SBI), EN 13823
- Ignitability of construction products exposed to direct impingement of flame - Part 2, Testing with a single flame, EN ISO 11925-2
- Determination of the burning behavior of flooring products using a radiant heat source, EN ISO 9239-1
The course is open for both EGOLF and non-EGOLF members. The number of participants is limited to 12 and a minimum of participants is 8. RISE reserves the right to cancel the course with short notice in the event of too few participants.
EGOLF CEN/TS 1187
Time and place: March 30th, 2020 at RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Borås, Sweden
The course will address the following areas:
- Standards CEN/TS 1187:2012, t2, EN 13501-5:2005+A1:2009 and EGOLF-procedures.
- General principles of the test
- Planning the test with the client
- Test apparatus
- Observation and measurements during the test
The participants should bring the following document:
- CEN/TS 1187:2012
- EN 13501-5:2005+A1:2009
EGOLF CEN/TS 1187 course is not included in the Reaction to Fire Week.
Information regarding Corona virus:
Regarding the coronavirus outbreak, we follow the development of the coronavirus in the world continuously and carefully.
If you have any questions, please contact our Course Administrator Jenny Sikström