Call for Session Proposals to:
2nd International Transmembrane Transporter Society Meeting “Catching Transport in Motion”
Dates: June 8 - 11, 2021
Venue: The Maersk Tower, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
We call for novel and exciting proposals from investigators with a research focus on transmembrane transport proteins and related processes.
Key criteria for selection process will be:
- Scientific excellence.
- The proposal is integrative and inclusive of multiple scientific disciplines (e.g. molecular pharmacology, structure, cell biology, neurochemistry, animal models, disease mechanisms and clinical studies).
- Balanced with respect to diversity in all aspects (e.g. gender, seniority (a mix of junior and senior faculty), geographic location (i.e. not all speakers coming from the same institution).
Symposia selected for the program will be allotted 100 min and should be composed of four speakers (~20 min talk, +5 min discussion).
For consideration, please submit your proposal (Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Symposium Title
- Brief description of subject area and the topics of each speaker (~250 words)
- Name of Chair (and co-Chair, if applicable), email and affiliation. The Chair or Co-Chair must be an ITTS member.
- Name, email, affiliation and tentative talk title for each speaker; verification of participation is required and an individual may speak in only one symposium.
The deadline for symposium proposal submission is Tuesday, September 1st, 2020.
Successful applicants will be notified in November, 2020.
All symposium participants will be responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses. If our funding scheme committee is successful, waiving of expenses for session organizers will be prioritized.
On behalf of the ITTS,
The local organizing committee
Prof. Stine F. Pedersen Prof. Ulrik Gether
Prof. Michael B. Palmgren Prof. Claus Loland
Assoc. Prof. Petrine Wellendorph