Due to the coronavirus outbreak in Europe, we have unfortunately decided to cancel the SSEDR 2020. Looking forward to meeting you in 2021.
All the best,
Lucienne, Christian, Gaetano and Daniela
- Introduction of participants through presentation of their projects.
- The nature of design and design research.
- Concepts, models and schools of design and designing.
- The nature and use of theories in design and design research.
- Design Research Methodology (DRM) and examples of its use.
- Task clarification phase:
- Defining aim, context, phenomenon of own project;
- how to find the research gap;
- formulation of research questions/hypotheses for own project;
- establishing reference models;
- identifying areas of relevance and fitting in own contribution.
- Research types and placing own project into the research type matrix. Systematic literature review.
- First descriptive phase of design research:
- Data collection & analysis, interpretation, drawing conclusions.
- Relating data collection methods to research questions/hypotheses
- Prescriptive phase of design research:
- How to develop knowledge, methods, models, tools.
- Visualising main research object(s) of own project.
- Evaluating own research results (second descriptive phase).
- Iterative development of the support.
- How to write a thesis or other publications.
- Reviewing articles.
- Poster session and feedback on posters.
- Your future life after the PhD.
All issues are treated using a mix of lectures, discussions, exercises (applied to own project) and presentations of results. Results of discussions and exercises are minuted and distributed to all participants (via Dropbox).