Site Specific Weed Management (SSWM) Workshop
A working Group Meeting by
European Weed Research Society
30th October - 1st November 2019
University of Southern Denmark Odense, Denmark
Recent progress in research and engineering of weed sensing, data science, precision sprayers and robotics have made it possible to automate weed identification, weed mapping and site specific control of weeds with advanced sprayers and robots. At this workshop in Odense, we will share these latest progresses and discuss how they enables answering scientific questions and practical applications.
The workshop starts with the keynotes
1) Using machine learning for weed identification given by ass. prof. Henrik Skov Midtiby, Mærsk Institute, University of Southern Denmark
2) Advanced data fusion for weed mapping given by Dr. Tarin Pas-Kagan ARO, Israel
The format of the workshop will be a mixture of presentation composed from the submitted abstracts and group discussions. In addition, ass. Prof. Jesper Rasmussen and research ass. Jesper Cairo Westergaard holds a special tutorial workshop on how to map weed density with your mobile phone and QGIS.
If you would like to participate and contribute to the workshop, please send an abstract to Ran Lati email@example.com. In order to allow high quality discussion and activities we will be happy to know as earlier as possible and no later than 30th September 2019 if you are interested and planning to come.
We have funds to support up to five students and young scientists according to the EWRS rules. Please encourage your students to attend the joint workshop. If you are interested, please send your application and an abstract to Ran Lati firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th August 2019.
- Chairman prof. Svend Christiansen: Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Vice-chairman ass. prof. Ran Lati: Agricultural Research Organization (ARO) the Volcani Center, Newe Ya’ar Research Center, Israel
- prof. Hanan Eizenberg – Agricultural Research Organization (ARO) the Volcani Center, Newe Ya’ar Research Center, Israel.
- prof. Henrik Skov Midtiby – Mærsk Institute, University of Southern Denmark (SDU).
30-31st October: Workshop at Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Odense
1st November: Field Trip to Gyldensteen Gods, Northern Funen
Please go to sign-up in the top-menu
30-31st October: A registration fee of 750 DKK (equivalent to 100 Euro) is charged to cover lunch and dinner (on 30th of October).
1st November: A registration fee of 560 DKK (equivalent to 75 Euro) is charged to cover the transport and lunch at the field excursion.
6th of October 2019